Saturday, December 8, 2007

E.M.: City Hall for city use only


I live in Louisiana now but spent many years in the UC.  It feels like home to me, although I don't really plan on returning there to live.  But I do always enjoy keeping up with things there and visiting of course.

We were just at the church decorating for the Christmas party and I got thinking that my Young Women leaders were so diverse and just great ladies, I learned a lot from each of them.  Some of that was domestic related but most of it wasn't.  My biggest supporter besides my parents in attending college and applying for scholarships was my YW leader, and she was equally supportive of my sister who was 17 months younger than I and chose to marry at 18.  You know, there is a different path for each girl, and all of us need to have a well-rounded experience.  While my sister married young, she also finished her degree and takes care of the business end of her husband's successful business.  And while I was the "career girl" who work! ed for several years before getting married, I can still cook a meal and clean a house (although it's not my favorite thing).  And we both love our children and are good moms, I hope.  There are different choices that we make and all should be supported in YW.

Not sure how this topic evolved to this, but it's interesting to reflect on it.  I think this is why there are different focus areas in the YW personal progress program - so that the "outdoorsy" girl might learn to enjoy a good symphony, and the "music nerd" will learn how to build a good campfire.  At any rate, I remember very very little of my YW years being geared specifically for motherhood.

I also had to laugh at your "Ricks, BYU, " etc. thing Betz because that's exactly what I did, lol!  But it just kind of worked out that way, it wasn't exactly as I had planned.  But I did graduate from Ricks, then BYU, then went on a mission, then worked a few yea! rs, then got married and had kids, then lived "happily ev! er after "...not that it's a perfect life but it hasn't been half bad.

By: Yukitee

Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com

Yukitee is a staunch believer in the power of positive thinking. As an avid reader of self-improvement books since young, she has successfully practised many of the principles employed by mental warriors - constantly fighting off negative thoughts.

More Money-Making Ideas at beyourownboss.discover2earn.com


Source: http://www.harktheherald.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,/topic,67047.msg338885
home based business idea, home based small business

No comments: