Saturday, December 29, 2007

Chuck McKinley

Born: April 1, 1958

Personal: Married/Roseanna

Kids: Jerad and Kelli

Grandkids: Kellis; Vincent And Lucas

Where we live: 20 acres in rural Chandler. I like to call it "a little slice of heaven".

Our Animals On The Farm: Besides ME on pizza night! We have horses and cats. And supposedly a possum. But, I have not seen it. Sorta like the animal version of a UFO.

I would go nuts if: My wife was not with me. In radio you need a special person to put up with this business and sometimes with you. She is just wonderful. Plus, she makes a pork roast to die for.

What's your favorite TV Show?
24! I have all the seasons on tape. And all the serialized paperback books.
However, greys anatomy is close 2nd to those tv shows that make me scream at tv because of the plotlines.
I mean, scream in a good way.

What's favorite Movie?
That’s tough. I am not a real art movie guy. You know, foreign movies that th! e critics love. “It gets 4 stars, it’s the story of a boy and his dog and their travels to Sydney ,Austrailia”.
I love popcorn movies.
Armagedon
Pulp Fiction
Independence Day
Now, when I want FUNNY and need to compress. Ghostbusters please

Where is your hometown?
Blooming Prairie, Minnesota…..It’s a wonderful town, think Lindale, about 40 miles from the Iowa border. 15 miles from Austin, Minnesota. Which is by the way, is the corporate headquarters of Hormels, you know, Spam In the can. My first job, well I worked their twice, KAUS AM/FM in Austin. I can still do the station ID.” 1480 KAUS Austin, A Great Place To Be”. And it was and still is.

What are your hobbies?
I like a good movie or to read. Books, magazines. We have 20 acres in Chandler. I’ll get my dog Trixie and go for a walk. I mean, up and down the driveway. It’s a big driveway. And on cold nights. It reminds of Minne! sota. It’s a way to clear my head, gather my thoughts an! d constr uct ideas better. Which probaley isn’t technically a hobbie, but therapy. I like to cook for my wife Roseanna. I do a mean omelet. Cheese, Tomatoes, Noonday Onions and lately Portabella Mushrooms. And cook and pretty good steak.

What's in your CD player right now?
Well, I burn my own. I like rock and roll. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s….I kind of like everything. I run a mobile dj service on the side for the past 10 years, so I need to know EVERYTHING. And I try to. However, In no particular order these would be my favorites artist. George. Strait and Jones. KC and the sunshine band(and all the disco stuff, hey I’m 18 again, which at age 48, is ALWAYS appreciated), neal mccoy, rob zombie, james blunt, bread, Allison Krause, Kelly Clarkson(I grudgingly really have come to like her music, in the world of manufactured music, she’s the real deal),….and of course BIG DADDY hank williams sr.
Most Important Person In My Life?
That would be De! bbie Tilley, the East Radio Group Accountant!
Seriously, my wife Roseanna. I’m not going go too deep into this.
Well, she is just the best!
Advice to the person getting into radio:

First, its not glamourous work. Its a job. Now, somedays it is the BEST job in the world. And on other days its a JOB. Also, its alot of bits and pieces. You have to be dedicated to the craft of broadcasting and your going to have to do everything. Whether its write, produce, jock, engineer or sweep the station floor; its all important and you will be doing it. Also, start a business on your own. It will get you around the rough times in radio.

And what is that business? Shameless plug time:

Chuck McKinleys Port-A-Party Mobile DJ Service. Its a party on wheels. School dances, weddings, whatever the occasion and music. Everything from 1940s to today.

Current Radio Home: KKUS 104.1 The Ranch, Afternoon DJ, Music Director, Program Director

Duties:! Outside of on the air. Whatever they need. Write, produce, et! c. The g reat thing about having 25 years in the radio business, is that I have a lot of varied experience in other markets and positions and I can bring this to the table as well.

On-Air Style: As in real life. I have NONE. Seriously, I just talk on the radio. And it gives me a recognizable and distinct sound. And while I do bring humor to the table, its pretty light stuff, nothing blue or nothing real heavy. My feeling is, especially in music based radio, that is what people what. Or as I paraphrase it, "in the steak dinner of life, I am just the baked potato!".

What is gonna be on the afternoon show: Super Easy Trivia and also from 5-6pm The Ranch Request Hour. Plus, top of hour news from FOX NEWS.

Complete weather as it happens. Sports scoreboard and any local happenings that are relevant. So, make Chuck In The Afternoon, Monday thru Friday from 3 to 7, part of your listening experience. Thank you.

By: Karen Cook

Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com

If you'd like to learn more about homeshoring and view the video clips of Diane Sawyer profiling this work at home opportunity, please drop by virtualagent007.blogspot.comKaren Cook works at a Public Library where she researches work at home jobs.


Source: http://www.theranch1041.com/pages/1387063.php
Home Business Articles Blog

No comments: